- This event has passed.
Brazoria County Fair 2018 Parade
October 13, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Brazoria County Fair Parade
Sponsored By MSR Houston
Date: Saturday, October 13, 2018, 10 am
Entry Fee: $15 per Entry, $5 per Bicycle, ($20 per Late Entry/Bicycle)
No Fee for Public Safety or Public Official Entries
Entry Deadline: Friday, October 5, 2018, 5 pm
Late Entries: Monday, October 8 – Wednesday, October 10 until 5 pm (Late Fee $20)
ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER OCTOBER 10TH
Rules and Regulations
1. The theme of the parade will be “A Family of Volunteers…Celebrating 80 Years”. Participants are encouraged to carry out this theme when decorating their float or entry.
2. NO POLITICAL CAMPAIGNING WILL BE PERMITTED.
3. All costumes, attire and performances must be suitable for family viewing. The Parade Committee reserves the right to withdraw any entry not deemed suitable prior to start of parade.
4. All animal or horse drawn entries that wish to precede the trail ride must supply immediate sanitary clean up
5. A float consists of a decorated trailer pulled by a towing vehicle. Absolutely no enclosed vehicles including
trucks, cars, or vans except emergency and pre-1960 vehicles are considered floats. The only convertibles allowed in the parade will be those designated as “official vehicles.”
6. The frame or platform of the float shall not be less than 8 feet wide by 10 feet in length completely decorated, including the sides and ends thereof, and any object thereon, and completely concealing the wheels of the vehicle. An entry shall be deemed as a product to promote local or regional business or an organization
represented by its people. All towing vehicles must be coordinated with float being towed. All towed vehicles must be hitched with ball connection. COMMERCIAL ENTRIES – Commercial entries not conforming to
these standards must turn in their plans for the float to the Parade Committee for approval by August 31, 2018.
7. Materials recommended for covering floats are floral sheeting; artificial and/or real flowers; gold, silver or colored foil; paper mache, crepe paper, paint, or plastic figures. Absolutely no unfinished cardboard, plywood, or beaverboard surfaces will be permitted. Such surfaces must be decorated
8. Size limits are as follows: MAXIMUM HEIGHT-13 ft from the ground, MAXIMUM WIDTH – 12 ft, MAXIMUM LENGTH – 40 ft. If a towing vehicle and trailer combination is used, the maximum length is 65 ft.
9. Bicycles will be pre-registered at the Fair Office. All bicycles will ride in one group. No motorized bicycles, motorcycles, ATV or recreational vehicles (2, 3, or 4 wheel) will be allowed except commercial entries or clowns or otherwise approved by the Parade Chairman. BICYCLE RIDERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A HELMET.
10. The Parade committee reserves the right to reject or disqualify any float or entry from entering the parade, should it not be in accordance with the standards of Parade Committee.
11. No child under 10 years of age will be allowed to march, or in any manner, walk in the parade without adult accompaniment.
12. No exotic animals will be allowed. All other animals must be on a leash.
13. All floats and vehicles must be equipped with a minimum of a 2 1/2# ABC fire extinguisher. All units will
14. IMPORTANT: FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR CHILDREN, NOTHING IS TO BE THROWN FROM ANY
ENTRY AND/OR FLOAT. VIOLATORS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND ESCORTED OUT OF THE PARADE.
15. Floats and entries may bear the name of the sponsor or the organization and the name of the theme depicted. ALL LETTERS SHOULD BE NO LARGER THAN 14 INCHES IN HEIGHT AND AFFIXED TO THE APRON OF THE FLOAT OR SIDE OF THE TOWING VEHICLE. LETTERS SHOULD BE OF A COLOR TO
CONTRAST WITH THE BACKGROUND. THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR BETTER SPONSOR IDENTIFICATION.
Remember, floats and entries will be judged in part on the readability of the sign.
16. Each entry will receive a number at line up prior to start of parade for photography identification and judging
purposes only. This must be displayed on the upper right front side of the entry or towed vehicle. Example:
Upper right side of windshield visible from 50 ft. The Parade Committee will be the final judge in decisions relating to the parade and any questions thereof. All floats and entries will be judged on a point system decided by the judges and committee.
17. The Brazoria County Fair Association shall not be responsible or liable for, and shall be saved and held harmless by any parade participant from and against any and all claims and damage of every kind, for injury to or death of any person or persons and for damage to or loss of property, arising out of or attributed directly
or indirectly, to the operations or performance of any parade entry under these rules, including claims and damages arising in whole or in part from the negligence of any parade participant.
18. All entry forms and entry fees can be mailed to the Brazoria County Fair Association, P.O. Box 818, Angleton,
TX 77516, but must be in the Fair Office by October 5, 2018 at 5 pm. A late entry fee of $20 will be in effect from
October 8, 2018 through October 10, 2018 until 5 pm. ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
A F T E R OCTOBER 10, 2018.
19. All participants must comply with the Brazoria County Fair Association General Rules and Regulations printed in this catalog, unless otherwise specified.
Always Call Before You Haul!
The Austin Horse Directory does our best to keep these listings current, but weather and other unforseen events can mean that horseshows and clinics are not held as scheduled. ALWAYS call or email the event sponsor to confirm before you haul to the show!
AHD is not responsible for errors or omissions in these listings.